When it comes to getting a tattoo, choosing the part of the body where to get the tattoo is a difficult decision. There are many issues to take into account such as the size of the design, the shape, the color or how visible you want it to be. In addition, many people choose the area where to get a tattoo depending on the pain, although this varies from person to person. From 4tattoolovers we are going to leave you some ideas of the parts of the body to get tattooed:
The best parts of the body to get tattooed
Tattoos are very personal and each person has to reflect and make the decision of where they want to wear the tattoo. So, here are some of the most popular places to get tattooed:
- Arm: this is usually an area for large tattoos.
- Forearm: it is a very visible area where words, flowers or dates are usually tattooed.
- Chest: it is a part of the body that allows a great variety of designs. It is a very visible part but at the same time it can be easily covered.
- Back: it is another very large part of the body and usually choose designs with many details.
- Leg: many people decide to get the whole leg tattooed, joining one tattoo with another.
- Back of the neck: being a small area, minimalist tattoos are usually the style of choice.
- Wrist: it is a very visible area where designs with words, symbols or phrases are very typical.
- Fingers: tattoos have to be small and are usually very small letters or symbols.
What areas of the body are the most painful to tattoo?
Pain is an issue that worries most people before getting a tattoo, especially if it is the first tattoo. Everyone feels pain differently but yes, there are areas that are more sensitive when it comes to getting a tattoo. Here, you will find some of them:
- Inner Wrist
Which areas of the body are the least painful to get tattooed?
People who are afraid of pain when it comes to getting tattooed usually choose the following areas to get tattooed:
- Upper arm
- Outer forearm
Most common body parts for men to get tattoos on
Men usually choose large and visible body parts. They choose these areas because they like large designs that can be seen.
- Back: this is an area of the body that allows for large designs such as animals, phrases or symbols.
- Arms: many men choose the bicep area, as it is known to represent masculinity in a tattoo.
- Pectorals: this is a very attractive tattoo.
- Ribs: these are usually areas where words, dates or faces are tattooed.
- Calf: the designs are usually with many details.
- Neck: it is a very visible part of the neck and therefore very eye-catching.
Most common parts of the body to get tattooed in women
Women and men tend to choose different body parts for tattoos. Below, you will find some ideas of the areas most commonly chosen by women:
- Wrist: small but very visible place.
- Collarbone: it is an attractive area and highlights the neckline and shoulders.
- Nape of the neck: dates or phrases are usually tattooed.
- Ankle: similar to the wrist but easy to cover up.
- Forearm: allows medium sized designs.
- Under the chest: it is a very sensual part of the body and tattoos are usually silhouettes.
- Under the ear: this is a perfect area for minimalist tattoos.
Parts of the body to get small tattoos
Depending on the size of a tattoo it will look better in some areas of the body or others. Small tattoos can be done mostly anywhere but the most typical ones for small tattoos are these:
- Above the elbow
- Side of the wrist
- Upper inner arm
Body parts to get large tattoos
The body parts to get large tattoo designs are quite specific. Here are some examples:
- Outer arm